Assorted Scenario Planning links collected by Brian Reithel
1. "Scenario Planning" from Global Business Network
(the sub-links on this page are fairly informative)
(there is also a bibliography)
2. "How to Think about the Future" from American Demographics magazine
3. You may remember Jim Autry mentioning Betty Flowers from UT-Austin.
She is on their English Department faculty.
She is currently on-leave from UT and her email address shows her
working at Shell. One web page that I found showed her as the
editor of "Shell's Global Scenarios 1992-2020"
Here's an article from the International Journal of Futures Studies
STORYING CORPORATE FUTURES: THE SHELL SCENARIOS
which contains a quote from the cover page of the volume that Betty
4. This book review is somewhat revealing
"Making Scenario-Based Planning Work for You
A review of Learning From the Future: Competitive Foresight Scenarios"
from PLANNING FOR HIGHER EDUCATION the quarterly journal of
The Society for College and University Planning
5. Here is a lengthy paper on the use of scenarios from the
Open Business School (OBS) in the UK as an element of their
MBA program (enrollment: 6000)
6. "How to Build Scenarios" from Wired Magazine
7. Related books (see Amazon.com)
The Living Company by Arie De Geus
The Art of the Long View : Planning for the Future in an
Uncertain World by Peter Schwartz
Scenarios : The Art of Strategic Conversation
by Kees Van Der Heijden
8. Scenario Planning Resources from Martin Borjesson
Last Modified: Sunday, 20-March-2005 16:22:00 CDT
© 1994-2005 Brian J. Reithel, Ph.D., CDP
All rights reserved.